Do any of the following apply to you?
- A long history of dieting?
- Several cycles of weight loss followed by weight regain?
- Heavier now than you were before your first diet?
- Maybe you’re not particularly overweight, but you know you’re heading in that direction and feel out of control around food?
If you can relate to any of the above, then it is clear that our dieting culture is, at best, not helping, and at worst, doing you more harm than good.
So thank goodness, there is a better approach!!
Learn to manage your food problems instead of temporarily avoiding them under the false security of another diet.
If dieting is not the solution, what is?
If dieting has got you nowhere, you need to:
- Identify your problems with food and deal with them directly
- Find your dieting mentalities (for example, arbitrary rules or unhelpful food thoughts) that keep your stuck at the extremes of either dietary restriction or diet rebellion
- Learn how to read internal signals (hunger, fullness, satisfaction) to reduce reliance on external restraints like calorie counting, scales or apps
- Learn to work within boundaries, not hard and fast rules
Do all of the above and more, within a structured and supported framework and find food liberation while working towards your outcome of sustainable weight loss.
Find out more.
For more insight into this approach, contact me for a no-obligation conversation or read Diet Dilemmas blog posts, plus sign up for notifications of new blog posts below.